I will start with immigration and the related issues. Let’s face the facts. People want to come to the USA for a better life or escape prosecution in their country. Many try to cross the border from Mexico. They come from all of #Central America. Spin off problems include the large influx of unaccompanied children, amnesty for illegal aliens, undocumented workers, keeping our borders secure, etc. Here is the simple solution: annex Central America. Make it a territory of the United States - problem solved.
The US should annex Central America down to the Panama Canal. That would include Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and half of Panama. We would make it a territory like Guam, Puerto Rico, and Hollywood. Here is the impact of that solution;
1. All the people in Central America would be US citizens - no need to immigrate.
2. The Panama Canal is a great barrier; no need to build a fence. We could fill the canal with sharks.
3. It would probably mean more votes for the Democratic Party.
4. The Panama Canal would be returned to the US - more income.
5. More illegal drugs would be available at lower prices.
6. No need to raise the minimum wage. We would just raise the minimum wage in the new territory to the same level as in the continental United States.
7. No one would need a visa to take a vacation in Central America.
8. People would then be able to eat real Mexican food.
9. School kids would have to learn where Costa Rica is located.
10. The NRA will be happy to learn that most of the people in Central America are already armed.