I write a blog and often get discouraged. There are many subtle signs that you aren’t cut out to be a blogger. These signs are:
1. Your family unfriends you on Facebook after your most resent post.
2. You write a controversial article but get no hate mail or threats.
3. People who don’t follow you try to unfollow you.
4. A writing teacher asks to use your blog as an example of poor writing.
5. Your mother corrects your grammar.
6. Your spellchecker underlines every other word.
7. You get in an argument with your spellchecker.
8. When you try to post something in your blog, your computer asks if you really want to post it.
9. No one tries to plagiarize your work.
10. Your friends give you dictionaries for Christmas gifts.
11. You google your name, and nothing comes up.
12. Your printer refuses to print anything you write.
13. All the comments on your posts concern grammar and not the subject.
14. No one is suing you.
15. Your significant other doesn’t know what you do for a living.
16. Your kids won’t invite you to Career Day at school.
17. Your friends and family are surprised to learn that you’re still alive.
18. You went on vacation for two weeks and didn’t post anything, and no one noticed.
19. No one shares your posts.
20. President Trump isn’t denouncing you publicly.
If you notice any of these signs, maybe you should reconsider whether you want to continue writing a blog.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson
Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com or http://monteranderson.wordpress.com