From US News and World Report:
1. You don’t mesh.
2. He doesn’t respect your time.
3. He keeps you in the dark
4. He doesn’t listen.
5. The office is unprofessional.
6. You don’t feel comfortable with him or wonder about his competence.
7. He doesn’t coordinate with other doctors.
8. He’s unreachable.
9. He’s rude or condescending.
My 20 additional reasons to changes doctors:
1. He has cold hands.
2. He has large hands.
3. All the kids in the waiting room all look like him.
4. He has cameras and lights set up in the exam room.
5. He got his medical license online.
6. Patients call his nurse, “Nurse Ratched”.
7. His first question is if you’re an organ donor.
8. He keeps calling you by the wrong last name.
9. He tries to sell you drugs under the counter.
10. He googles your symptoms on his computer while you describe them.
11. He tells you that you remind him of his ex who he hates.
12. He writes you a prescription for marijuana before he asks you anything.
13. The DEA is in the waiting room.
14. His latex gloves have holes in them.
15. He talks to an imaginary friend in the office.
16. He pulls out a thermometer from his pocket to write a prescription.
17. There’s a picture on his desk of him with Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.
18. The name of the medical school on his diploma is misspelled.
19. When you say you want a second opinion, he pulls out a sock puppet.
20. He keeps referring to the “Hypocritic” Oath.
Any one of these reason could be a red flag that says, “Time to change doctors.”
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson
Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com or http://monteranderson.wordpress.com.