I read with interest an article from The Motley Fool by Maurie Backman, “10 signs you need to quit your job”. He mentioned boredom, being underappreciated, your manger isn’t helpful, your coworkers aren’t supportive, your work-life balance is nonexistent, you don’t like the company culture, your health is suffering, you’re in a dead-end position, your compensation sucks, and you no longer care about your performance. All these are good reason to quit but I think Maurie missed a few. Here are a few more reasons to quit you job:
1. Your boss asks you for a date and his/she is married.
2. Your boss doesn’t like your drug dealer.
3. Office policy won’t allow using the copy machine for pornography.
4. Management won’t let you go home early if you come in late.
5. Office policy won’t allow for a clothing optional day.
6. You show up at work and your company has moved without leaving a forwarding address.
7. You arrive at work and a SWAT team is about to break down the front door.
8. Your favorite food is no longer served in the company cafeteria.
If you see these signs, you need to quit your job.