1. Potatoes can be hefty. If thrown properly, they can seriously injury a person.
2. Potatoes are high in carbohydrates. A person on a low carb diet would certainly feel threated by a criminal armed with a potato.
3. Potatoes are high on the glycemic index. People who must watch their blood sugar should avoid potatoes and robbers carrying them.
4. Potatoes contain toxic compounds called glycoalkaloids. These compounds affect the nervous system, causing weakness and confusion. They also cause headaches, diarrhea, cramps, and in severe cases coma and death. Keep that in mind the next time you order fries.
5. Potatoes are used to produce vodka, an alcoholic drink (as if you didn’t know). Alcoholics should avoid criminals armed with potatoes.
If you see this man, do not attempt to approach him - considered him armed and dangerous. If he attacks you, defend yourself with a sharp potato peeler or hot vegetable oil (or peanut oil).