· Fly at or below 400 feet when in uncontrolled airspace (Class G)
· Fly within visual line-of-sight, meaning you as the drone operator use your own eyes and needed contacts or glasses (without binoculars), to ensure you can see your drone at all times.
· Never fly near other aircraft. (follow airspace restrictions)
· Never fly over groups of people, public events, or stadiums full of people.
· Never fly near or over emergency response efforts.
I think that the FAA should a few more rules such as:
1. Pizza must still be delivered within 30 minutes or it's free.
2. Restaurants must have a drone free seating area.
3. Drones must not be used to deliver court summons or divorce papers.
4. Home owners should be allowed to shoot down drones that fly over their property.
5. Drones can be used at sporting events provided both teams have them and the drones can fight each other in aerial combat.
6. Drones can't be used to hold a place in line or a parking spot.
7. Drones can be used to chase mimes.
8. Drone operators can't fly drones while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. Drone operators must renew their licenses every year otherwise they drone on and on and on.
10. The paparazzi can't use drones to track celebrities.
Perhaps these additional rules will cut down on drone incidents. I hope so.