Let’s review the facts:
- There’s an impeachment inquiry in Congress against the President. We don’t know how this will play out, but it is cause for concern.
- There’s an election coming in 2020 that seems to have the sole purpose of unseating the President to prevent him from serving a second term. The last one-term president was George H.W. Bush, a Republican who lost to Democrat Bill Clinton in 1992.
- There seems to be a mass shooting very other month with little change in gun laws.
- There’s the constant threat of terrorism that could strike anywhere at any time.
- There’s the issue of deaths and illnesses from vaping or e-cigarettes. As of October 1, 2019, 1,080 lung injury cases have been reported to CDC from 48 states and 1 U.S. territory. Eighteen deaths have been confirmed in 15 states.
- There’s the whole MeToo issue concerning sexual harassment and rape.
- Other issues include the tariff wars, high crime rates, affordable healthcare, etc.
Need I go on? We live in interesting times. It is a curse. Does anyone know how to lift this curse?