2. Put your ego aside and don't lift too heavy.
3. Don't be intimidated.
4. No one is judging you.
5. Don't hog equipment.
There are, of course, more than five rules of gym. As a public service, I’ll will now post some more rules:
- If you bring vodka disguised in a water bottle, bring enough to share.
- Don’t drop your soap in the shower.
- When doing reps, don’t start counting at twenty. No one’s fooled by that anymore.
- Don’t keep looking at your cellphone while lifting. Cute kittens are okay.
- Don’t secretly take pictures to post on social media.
- Don’t eat beans before a heavy lifting workout.
- Use a towel to wipe off your sweat, not your neighbor’s butt.
- Try not to make ugly faces when lifting. If that’s your real face, then it’s okay.
- Don’t fall asleep on a bench.
- Don’t ask the staff if they have valet parking.