If someone brings food or snacks, be the first to take one. People tend to pick over the snacks, touching several before choosing one. Avoid that by being the first to take a snack.
Keep several pens and pencils at your desk. If a coworker wants to borrow one, tell them to keep it. Maybe you can invoice them for the cost of the pen or pencil.
If you are overwhelmed by the need to touch your face, touch a coworker’s face instead. To keep from touching your face try these tips:
- Have a coworker touch your face.
- Spray your hands with pepper spray.
- Wear gloves and change them often. Mitten don’t work well with computers.
- Wear a mask. Remember, a ski mask is not a substitute for a surgical face mask.
- Wash your hands with hot sauce.
- Chain your hands to your chair. Leave enough slack so you can reach your computer.
- Use one of your many pens and pencils to touch your face.
Now is a good time to seek revenge on the coworkers who may have wronged you in the pass. When you meet them, use a head butt as a greeting. You can also kick them in the shins and apologize by telling them you were attempting a foot tap.
I hope these tips keep you safe at work. Good luck.