There is a buzz on the internet about having police wear body cameras. I'm sure it has merit, I just don't understand why it should be limited to police. Here is a list of other professions that should wear body cameras:
1. Politicians – They all talk about transparency but no one really does it. A body camera with live streaming would make their every move transparent. Are they taking kickbacks? Do they cheat on their significant others?
2. Waiters -- Have you ever wondered where your waiter goes with your credit card for 15 minutes? That's enough time to copy your card or use it to make a purchase or ATM withdrawal. A body camera would eliminate that.
3. Car salespersons – Do you ever wonder where they go when they say they have to get approval from their manager? Do they really talk to anyone? A body camera would tell customers.
4. Lovers – People in a relationship are always worried when they are separated for more than a few minutes. Are they cheating? Are they really at work? Do they flirt? I think each person in a committed relationship should wear a body camera. What better way yo show commitment?'
5. Bus Drivers/Bus Monitors -- I know that some buses do have cameras. Let's go all the way with live streaming from body cameras.
6. Playboy Bunnies -- No explanation required.
7. Baseball Home Plate Umpires – Was it a ball or strike? A body camera on the umpire will let the viewers see what the ump sees so they can argue ad infinitum.
8. Famous People -- Let's stop following the rich and famous on Twitter, Facebook, etc. They should wear body cameras to let their followers keep up.
9. Teachers -- What better way for parents to find out how their kids behave in school. Did the teacher assign homework? Did the teacher really say that? Now parents will know for sure.
10. Porn Stars – The possibilities boggle the imagination.
I'm sure you can think of others. Let's hear about them.