On reflection, I decided there’re many more ways writers sabotage their writing careers. As a public service to all writers I list some of them here:
- You wrote your Great American Novel on toilet paper, and it’s now worth more on eBay than on Amazon.
- All your work is obviously plagiarized.
- You call your agent an ass-**le.
- You refuse to write on any day of the week that has a D in it.
- You write in a language that you invented.
- You firmly believe that rules are meant to be broken; especially grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- You’re using invisible ink.
- Readers must use a decoder ring to read your writing.
- You’re using Snapchat to publish your writing.