It made me think – there must be some small stuff we should sweat. I did a little digging and… now I don’t want to frighten anyone… but some small stuff is worth sweating. Here’s my list:
1. Viruses. Viruses are small things. They consist of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat – too small to be seen by a regular microscopy. They can be nasty small fry. They include Ebola, the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Marburg, rabies, smallpox, Dengue and influenza (flu). Might want to sweat viruses.
2. Bacteria. Bacteria are tiny creatures, typically a few micrometers in length. And here’s the thing… they’re everywhere. Not all bacteria are harmful but some like anthrax, bubonic plague, tuberculosis, and pneumonia are. Others cause serious diseases like cholera, diphtheria, bacterial meningitis, and syphilis. Watch out for these small stuffers.
3. Unprotected sex. Condoms are small but smaller still are the sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) caused by unprotected sex. Here’s a list to name a few: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes, HIV/AIDS, Human Papillomavirus (HPV), Syphilis, Bacterial Vaginosis and Trichomoniasis. So let’s all sweat the small condoms.
4. Cancer. Cancer cells are small but usually there are small symptoms. There are more than 100 types of cancer including carcinomas (skin), sarcomas (bone and soft tissues), Osteosarcoma (bone) leukemias (bone marrow), Hodgkin lymphoma and Non-Hodgkin and Melanoma (skin). If you see a small and strange growth on your skin or feel a lump -- sweat it.
5. Mosquitoes. These tiny insects bug me. They sneak in and suck your blood before you even know you’re a victim. They transmit diseases like malaria, dengue, West Nile virus, yellow fever, encephalitis, and Zika fever. I certainly sweat theses small things. Use insect repellant.
6. A polyp in your colon. Polyps are small and not always serious. You need routine exams and a biopsy to find them and check them out. They might be serious.
7. Termites. They’re small bug that not only bug you, but they eat wood. They could destroy your house. Sweat it. Get a terminator.
8. Tumors. They start out as small stuff and that’s the best time to have them removed. If you wait, they could be come large enough to kill you. Sweat it.
I’m not trying to be an alarmist, but there is some small stuff that needs to be sweated.