1. You show up at work and your company has moved without leaving a forwarding address.
2. You arrive at work and a SWAT team is about to break down your office door.
3. Your car is towed out of the company parking lot.
4. A new employee is sitting at your desk.
5. Your favorite food is no longer served in the company cafeteria.
6. Housekeeping drops off a bunch of cardboard boxes at your desk.
7. Your administrative assistant is sending out resumes.
8. Recruiters start calling you at home.
9. You’re not notified of an emergency meeting of a committee that you’re on.
10. Your password to the company computer doesn’t work.
11. No one returns your calls or e-mails.
12. People cancel appointments with you.
13. Your telephone has been disconnected.
14. Your key to the executive bathroom doesn’t work. (Take the hint.)
15. A new roster of employees no longer lists you.
16. A new organization chart no longer shows your department.
17. Your department is not mentioned in the new budget.
18. Your friends start sending you e-mails asking if you’re okay.
19. Coworkers stop by your office to say that they will miss you.
20. A coworker steals your chair and desk lamp.
21. The mail room want to know where to forward your mail.
22. Your ID card won’t let you in the building.
23. A security guard follows you to your office.
24. Your return flight on a business trip is cancelled along with your corporate credit card
25. Your boss won’t look you in the eyes.
These less than subtle signs should tell you that you are soon to be history at that company.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson
Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com or http://monteranderson.wordpress.com