there are some things I do not want to hear about any more. I don’t understand
how the world can be so connected by the internet and social media, but reporters have trouble finding real news. Here is an open letter to the news networks.
Dear News Networks,
Here is a list of things that I no longer want to hear about. Please find some real
1. #GeorgeZimmerman. The man had his day in court – let it go. I do not want to hear about it every time he has a traffic stop or a dispute with his wife/girlfriend. The man is not that interesting. You are wasting airtime on him.
2. #MileyCyrus, #JustinBieber, and any other entertainer. I do not want to know about every lewd act they do on stage, every time they do drugs, every stupid remark they make, and every time they go into rehab. Old news. Put that under entertainment, not the news.
3. Toronto Mayor #RobFord. Come on now. The man is an idiot. Toronto is in Canada not the USA. Why should I care about Toronto? Rob Ford is an addict. He will either resign or go to rehab or both. Sad story but we have seen it before. Move on.
4. #JohnEdwards, #AnthonyWeiner, and #EliotSpitzer. A group of has-beens. I am no longer interested in their antics. Fine-so they found jobs. Now find me one.
5. #ChrisChristie. Okay, he was interesting for a while. Now the man was re-elected to governor. Wake me in 2016.
6. #KimKardashian. I was never interested in her in the first place. I especially do not want to see any more pictures of her big butt. It is not her best side. Put that in the entertainment section with a warning to minors.
7. #AlecBaldwin. The man is rude and has anger management issues. Why do I need to know about everything he says or every time he has a confrontation with the paparazzo? I have anger management issues of my own. Stick that in the entertainment section, not the news.
8. Daily updates on the #Obamacare website. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Get back to me in a month.
9. Sports stars doing drugs. Not a surprise. Nothing new. Move on.
We need a category called “Idiots in the News.” Most of the people above would qualify.