“The 8 Best Things to Thank Your Spouse For.” I agreed with everything she said, but I think the list would be slightly different for senior citizens. Here are my things to thank your spouse for if you’re over 70.
1. Scratching me where I itch. Don’t get all excite, it’s not a metaphor, I’m being literal here. As you get older. Especially if you have arthritis, you can’t reach some parts of your own body. You need a helping hand.
2. Waking me whenever a Victoria’s Secret commercial come on like I wake you for George Clooney.
3. Helping me put on my socks and tying my shoes on those days when my back aches. That include picking up things I drop.
4. Hearing the telephone ring, the smoke alarm, and my alarm clock because I don’t hear well.
5. Helping me stand up from my chair when I need a lift.
6. Reminding me about birthdays for grandkids, doctor appointments, and my password for my computer.
7. Letting me sleep late when I’ve had a bad night.
8. Reading the fine print on labels and ads.
9. Opening bottles and those damn child-proof lids on meds.
10. Telling me I look sexy when I know I look like crap.
11. Laughing at the same old jokes year after year.
I’m sure there’re a lot more I should thank my spouse for but it’s getting late. Can you think of any? Let me know.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson
Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com