“The 8 Best Things to Thank Your Spouse For.” I agreed with everything she said, but I think the list would be slightly different for senior citizens.
Here are my things to thank your spouse for if you’re over 75.
- Scratching me where I itch. Don’t get all excite, it’s not a metaphor, I’m being literal here. As you get older, especially if you have arthritis, you can’t reach some parts of your own body. You need a helping hand.
- Waking me whenever a Victoria’s Secret commercial comes on like I wake her for George Clooney.
- Helping me put on my socks and tying my shoes on those days when my back aches. That also includes picking up things I drop.
- Hearing the telephone ring, the smoke alarm, and my alarm clock, because I don’t hear well.
- Helping me stand up from my chair when I need a lift.
- Reminding me about birthdays for grandkids, doctor appointments, and my password for my computer.
- Letting me sleep late when I’ve had a bad night.
- Reading the fine print on labels and ads.
- Opening bottles and those damn child-proof lids on meds.
- Telling me I look sexy when I know I look like crap.
- Laughing at the same old jokes year after year.