“You did not get HIRED even though you were fully qualified for the JOB. They did not even get back to you. Here are 5 reasons why.
1. They want to hire a friend or a relative, but they "need" to go through the motions of interviewing people.
2. They simply wanted to pump you for information, "free consultation".
3. You were "too good" and the insecure hiring manager saw you as a threat to his own position.
4. They wanted someone younger, someone they think they can boss around.
5. They wanted someone with more experience, but they don't realize that it is not the number of years, but their quality that matters.
You know what, in all these cases, they don't deserve you! The right company will hire you, keep on going!”
Of course, he may be right, but there are many other reasons you didn’t get hired. Here’s a list:
- You rendered the Nazi salute, or did a fancy handshake like the hand jive, high fives or Boy Scout/Cub Scout/Girl Scout secret handshakes.
- You pushed on the pull door.
- You picked your nose during the interview,
- You threw your leg over the armrest of the chair or lit up a cigar or put your feet up on the interviewer’s desk.
- You wore an old suicide bomber vest to the interview.
- You talked to your imaginary friend during the interview.
- You left your coloring book in the waiting room.
- You wore a fraternity/sorority pin or ring despite the recent bad news.
- You wore badges, tie tacks, cuff links or belt buckles made from bullets.
- You winked at the interviewer.
- You forgot to sanitize your FaceBook page (or Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or Tumblr).
- You wore a Superman/Supergirl T-shirt under your white shirt.
There may be other reasons that you didn’t get hired. Hey, suck it up.